Monday, July 13, 2009

Coming of Age (50)

Today is a milestone in my husband’s life. The big 5-0. Here’s a pic of my card to him:



It was designed with huge amounts of love with a traffic sign that I found in a field. He will take it with the attitude he takes most things. Thanks for noticing, now let’s get on with other things. Which is mainly, for him, cooking. On a semi-related note....That man can cook. That is such an understatement, so I shall rephrase:

MERCY, THAT MAN CAN COOK. Like. Really.

Emeril, Bobby Flay, David. He’s that good. Like melt in your mouth, if he’s cooking I’ll be there, slap your grandma good. Twenty pounds during my first year of marriage to him good. Now that’s what I’m talking about.
So, we have already celebrated with a surprise party at the grove and now we’ll do something kinda small and anti-climactic today….then, we’ll do what hubby loves best later this month. We’ll go help keep the lights on in Vegas.
In a nutshell, he’s a simple man. Put him behind a grill and he’s a happy man. A beer, a great steak, and blackjack. No need to complicate things, really. As he always reminds me, “it is what it is.”
Do you think that’s true for men in general….they are more uncomplicated that women? I kind of think that it’s a pattern I observe. Just thinking too much again……..This is all making me hungry..think I’ll go see what delights he has left in the fridge….
p.s.
Here's what he actually said..."That's the heaviest card I've ever gotten." The man has a gift.




1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable!!!! Yeah guys are more simple than we are...we get into trouble when we start thinking they think like us...okay now I'm thinking too much!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!! It's more fun that way.....