Friday, July 16, 2010

Just Say Thank You

Have you ever just felt convicted from a conversation?  I have.  Today.  In casual conversation, my sister mentioned a Beth Moore video that had really spoken to her.  When she described the nature of it...I felt like little electrical pulses were going off inside me.  I had to see this video.

So I found it and watched it and it is ....well, you need to judge it for yourself.  It's about rejecting God's Encouragement by rejecting encouragement that others are giving us on a daily basis.

We've all done that, right?  When someone says, "Wow, that outfit looks pretty on you!"  and  we respond, "I've gained so much weight" or "It's so old" or whatever negative comment you can come up with to attach to the outfit that....face it....you KNOW you look good in. 

As usual, Beth Moore brings to light how by rejecting their encouragement we are in fact calling them liars.   And also not receiving God's encouragement.   And also....think about this...What if they had to sort of muster up the courage to give you that compliment?  And then you shot it down??  What are the odds of THAT person complimenting you again?  Or working up the courage to compliment another person again soon?  Ummmm....did your DIScouragement also cheat another person out of some ENcouragement?   

None of us would willingly (if we thought about it for more than 1/2 second) do that on purpose...but don't we just do this automatically out of a sense of misguided humility?

My husband told me the other day that "sometimes you do go on" about things.  And I can only imagine how you are thinking.... "Boo, there is only so much you can say on this subject"...but believe me, I am talking to myself.

I vow to receive compliments and encouragements.  And I hope you will too.  Because YOU are awesome.

Here's the video:




So, just say Thank You.  And then reflect on how blessed you are.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I needed to hear this. You are a sweetie (hope you take that as a compliment and an encouragement) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!! It's more fun that way.....