Monday, July 26, 2010

I've Got Your Number and I've Got Your Back

The Calendar may still say July...which I realize is technically still summer.  But this is, in my Pavlovian-type mind actually the beginning of fall.  I come to this conclusion because I started "Back to School" today. 

For me:  First day of school = Fall. 
              Fall = Football.

I heart Football.  Alot.

Peewee football.  Optimist Football.  High School (Go Pampa Harvesters.  Yea Perryton Rangers.  Get 'em Miami Warriors.)  College Football is the absolute best.  I love pro because of 33.  Some of you may know about that little side game.

I grew up watching my big brother play football.  I continued  by spednding years enjoying watching my son play football and was proud to see him become a Pampa Harvester. 

I love everything that goes with it.  The two a days (that's WATCHING THEM, not practicing), the scrimmages, the crisp fall air, the whistles of the refs as the game starts, the sounds of the crowd, the cheerleaders, the band.  I love it all. 

That's why, when I heard this song today, I'm pretty sure I will make it my theme song for the fall season.  WHAT, you don't have a theme song for the fall?  You mean the average person doesn't do that?  Well, they should.  I do.  You can share mine.  And you will want to when you hear this.  It sent a little shiver up my spine.

I think football players understand teamwork.  They learn how to have each others back..how to stick together.  Lessons that help them in life.  Somehow, that just gets to me.




Can't you just hear the ref's whistle blowing right now?  Yes sir, we'll take the ball.

1 comment:

  1. As I sit at my desk inside BP's offices on DAY 99 of the "Gulf Oil Disaster" and the news organizations express their anger at not finding more tar balls on the beach......
    I want to thank you for the homework assignment yet again. That is taking me home in memory.
    Thanks and Love Ya!!

    Bo

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!! It's more fun that way.....