Saturday, September 26, 2009

Put Your Little Foot









A beautiful fall night, fiddle music, good friends and family.



Now THAT'S the makings of a great evening! I wish that I had taken more pictures, but we tailgated before the band started playing and visited and laughed and ate THE BEST FOOD EVER (thanks D. and everybody) I just had so much fun I got distracted by the pure AWESOME of the evening.


And that's all I have to say about that.





Then we sat under the starry, starry Texas sky and listened to the C & W band that was heavy on the W. In other words, Western Swing. To prove it, the band had THREE fiddles, a mandolin, AND a steel guitar as well as a keyboard and heaven knows but I forgot how many guitars.

It had the added fun of an old-style wood dance platform and real outhouses with lanterns outside them that you actually take in with you when you go in.

Add to that NO shortage of handsome men ready to dance, including my sweet husband who can really cut a rug on a waltz, my nephew who taught me a new thing called the double two step, and my two great nephews......pretty much makes a perfect evening doesn't it?


You know, the stars at night ARE big and bright.....
















1 comment:

  1. Ahhh that makes me wish it was next summer already! Well that and the fact that I can't stand being cold!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!! It's more fun that way.....